Jobs for April
Spring is upon us! Below is a list of some of the gardening jobs to get done in April.
- Cut lawns.
- Trim lawn edges.
- Apply weed killer and moss killer as required once grass is growing strongly.
- Scarify lawns to remove moss and coarser grasses.
- Reseed bare patches on lawns.
- Apply general fertilizer to flower beds.
- Put support in place for taller perennials before they get too large.
- Check plants for signs of pests and diseases and treat accordingly.
- Tied in new growth on wall trained roses and climbers.
- Continue dead heading spring bulbs.
Earth laughs in flowers
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)