Jobs for November
With a winter chill in the air, your garden is beginning to change for the new season ahead. Please find below a list of some of the gardening jobs to get done throughout November.
- Give hedges a final trim.
- There’s still time to plant Daffodil bulbs and other spring flowering bulbs for a magnificent start to next years display.
- Start tidying up for the winter.
- Net ponds before leaf fall gets fully underway.
- Stay on top of weeding the borders.
- Gather up fallen leaves.
- Now is a good time to clean out water butts before they fill with fresh rain water over winter.
- Prune deciduous shrubs and trees.
- As the weather grows colder make sure bird feeders and bird tables are topped up with food.
- Move container grown plants to a sheltered spot in the garden to protect them from strong winds, heavy rain and frost.
- Use the last of the dry weather to paint sheds and fences with preservative.